Author Topic: What Love is ?  (Read 442 times)

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
What Love is ?
« on: May 03, 2017, 11:10:45 AM »
Since I woke up this morning, there is a song that keeps playing in my mind : I want to know what love is - from the Foreigner
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYGzZ0tQpA ( with lyrics )

So during my stillness session, I was prompted to ask a question : " Dear Father, teach me what love is "
and this is what I got, at least it seems to me at first glance.

" To know what love is, you get to know what love is not.
LOVE is not ________________ . Fill in the blank with whatever word that seems disgustful to you and by the end of the day, I am sure you will have ten pages of glossary on your arms "

Domtia

Clency

Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Ron Hammar

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What Love is ?
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2017, 01:57:44 PM »
Yes Clency,

It is so much easier to say  what Love is not, than what it is. What do we hear at times... "That's not very loving." As children in school in one day there are over 300 negative statements to them for every 12 positive statements. Most do not know what love is or feel Love in their life.

A woman told me once when asked why she treated her partner so bad all the time and she said "Because I Love Him." This told me what kind of a childhood she had with her Mom and Dad. Then later  I recalled when we were told that Michael said the Grid got cleaned up in the fall of the year of 2013 or 2014. to allow more spirit to effect us, this woman told me in the month of November that she has been pretty bad to her partner and asked if I could take her to church some time. From that time she has flowered out. She has a long way to go but in knowing her before I see how she has "Come a Long way Baby". The power of the love from the Father.

156.5.11 You are destined to live a narrow and mean life if you learn to love only those who love you. Human love may indeed be reciprocal, but divine love is outgoing in all its satisfaction-seeking. The less of love in any creature's nature, the greater the love need, and the more does divine love seek to satisfy such need. Love is never self-seeking, and it cannot be self-bestowed. Divine love cannot be self-contained; it must be unselfishly bestowed.
156.5.14 Spiritual living mightily increases true self-respect. But self-respect is not self-admiration. Self-respect is always co-ordinate with the love and service of one's fellows. It is not possible to respect yourself more than you love your neighbor; the one is the measure of the capacity for the other.

156.5.17 The measure of the spiritual capacity of the evolving soul is your faith in truth and your love for man, but the measure of your human strength of character is your ability to resist the holding of grudges and your capacity to withstand brooding in the face of deep sorrow. Defeat is the true mirror in which you may honestly view your real self.

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2017, 08:49:58 PM »
Hi Clency & Ron,
I don't claim to be an expert on love but I do listen a lot to romantic music. I stay with the lyrics, tune and melody of particular songs that appeal to me. It's the vibration, the energy and the feeling you get. Love is all feeling a wonderful feeling that makes you feel so romantic.
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2017, 02:08:28 AM »
Yes Clency, for my thoughts on this: In a lifetime of experiences and learning what love is not, we can become blinded actually to what love realy is. Unless, in our choices we actualy choose the pathways towards Goodness.

What we are asked to express when we petition our Father and our submission to him is much the same definition. And love is very well explained in the Bible at 1st Corinthians chapter 13. Love here is defined actually into one word. The scripture does go on to state the many things that love is not.

However if you want to actually see and Witness the type of Love that endures... all you have to do; and as we have been told of the attitude that we should reflect when communicating with spirit, is all you have to do is to look upon the face of your tiny grandchild to witness their feelings as they look upon you. Then you will see and feel true love. 

Love is unconditional Kindness, it is patience and full of compassion for sharing such reciprocal Kindness.

I also have experienced this welcoming kind love with strangers if all ages. I greatly enjoy the feeling of human love as the one divine inheritance within us "created in his image."

The First Source and Center is unconditionally KIND.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 02:15:59 AM by Don Crownover »
Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)

Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2017, 11:02:42 AM »
Thanks RonH and DonC for your comments full of wisdom

The theme of love is so intriguing that it is hard to formulate in a simplistic way - compassion, kindness, patience - without provoking a reaction like the ones we have all faced somehow : " I do no harm to others, I even never hurt a mosquito in my life "

Doing no wrong, is it really what LOVE is ? Someone once said : " Love is Energy in action ", meaning It is not passive, but active. For my own, the secret of LOVE is wrapped inside the Golden Rule.

Evan, do you say romantic songs ? In the '70s, I grew up as a teenager listening to a famous singer of romance, breaking all radio stations in the country all day long. One of my favourite really stirred a chord in me each time I listened to it, even now, due perhaps to the part of me which has its roots in India. It's for you, enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afSAu5bHs3A ( with lyrics )

Domtia

Clency
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2017, 11:18:22 AM »
I remember a series of cartoons in the UK years ago that daily portrayed a figure
of a girl and boy with the caption,  Love is...........   and the one I will always
remember reads    Love is never having to say Im sorry.

Lemuel

Don Crownover

• Kindness is Love
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2017, 12:04:58 PM »
My dear sister Evan. 

I agree with you about the feelings of love as we have all experienced the immense feelings of Falling in Love. Songs of love can make us feel so good inside and to reflect our feelings for another person. 

Your comments seem to be very musically inclined and I myself am reminded by your comments of one of my favorite movies. 

Moulin Rouge with Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor is a beautiful story originaly written in India, and possibly from a true story.  I seen, posibly the original, screen play by the Sundance Theater. This was back in the mid-nineties at the Tivoli theater in Kansas City and the show was a black-and-white movie from India with English subtitles. 

The newer version Moulin Rouge is a fun musical, very endearing and full of Love lyrics all throughout its written score/plot. Also very moving to romantic love is Phantom of the Opera with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. As for the endearing love for humanity I also often watch Les Miserables.

Someday we will know and understand true love when hearing and watching our angels sing praises to the Father. :-)

Love you my sister, Don

Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. Andre Gide (1869-1951)

Ron Hammar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2017, 01:19:35 PM »
Hi Clency, you said

Doing no wrong, is it really what LOVE is ? Someone once said : " Love is Energy in action ", meaning It is not passive, but active. For my own, the secret of LOVE is wrapped inside the Golden Rule.
I like the simple way TUB says it  " Love is the Desire to do good to others. "

Just like in the Song.  

Ron