Author Topic: "Fanfare for the Magisterial Son's Mission"  (Read 200 times)

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Fanfare for the Magisterial Son's Mission"
« on: August 21, 2017, 07:33:36 PM »
Hello Everyone:
For your entertainment here is a piano piece written for our Forum family titled "Fanfare for the Magisterial Mission" for Brass Ensemble composed by me.  Unfortunately I did not have a full brass ensemble to play and record it quite yet. So, you will have to settle for my piano rendition played by me.  The Fanfare has 4 Parts:
Part 1.  The Trumpets Herald
Part 2.  Phase 1 Commencement
Part 3.  Baroque and Blue   (A seeming departure from Parts 1 and 2  but this Part invites diversity of interests/personalities to our table.
Part 4.  Recapitulation, Cadenza.

Hope you enjoy.  When we are ready for a real Fanfare we'll call on Aaron Copeland ( "Fanfare for the Common Man" ).
Steve

gitz

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Fanfare for the Magisterial Son's Mission"
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2017, 07:39:48 PM »
For some reason the attachment didn't follow to the recent post.  You will have to go to the Music Compositions And Other Artistic Expressions Category to hear it.  Thanks
Steve

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2017, 08:51:02 PM »
Steve Gitz, you are good!  Little comments at first:  That is a great and big piano I just enjoyed hearing it.

Second your third movement is the heart of the piece.  Do you know that?

Your fourth movement is too short - I need the grape of more trumpet joy to bring me back to your theme which is gorgeous!  I can hear some of the orchestration and a brilliant orchestrator can do something with this piece very well and make the eyes well with tears.  Garibaldi wrote trumpet pieces with such brilliance and lushness for the church no one can duplicate it but you may be able to do so with a brass choir one left one right shouting the theme back and forth to each other.  Ever think of that?  In any case Serara listened to it with me and wants to know if you are available to orchestrate the opening pieces for the symposium to be held before this year ends.

Great work Steve.  don't you dare hide this light under any basket!

Yours, Ron   - Michael wants a word with you next:

Michael - "I saw Ron thrill to your work.  It is in his style and in his heart you wrote this.  We want it orchestrated for brass choirs as Ron suggests and to include a jazz piano too.  We will help with orchestrators too and let this become your anthem too for the Magisterial Mission to come as Ron needs a place to play too as he is gorgeous in his ways of neo classics with the hymn style you perpetuate in this piece.  Ron knows music and dedicates himself to its glory all the time.  Michael"

Mother Spirit - "Steve Gitz you need a lesson or two in harmony as Ron recognized in your second movement, but the he did a strange thing and coverted your single key melody to the transom of a closs trumpet and it did the trick.  You meant that all the time and he recognized it.  Good.  Mother"

END
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2017, 09:20:16 PM »
All I can say Steve is that you are truly gifted.  I closed my eyes and I could almost picture Mozart at the piano (now to demean your playing).  It was just that it caused me to drift back in to the Barouqe era of music.  It was just simply mesmerizing.  Thank you so much.

From someone who can sing but knows nothing about musical instruments.
Dorian
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

gitz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 04:54:39 PM »
Ron, thanks for recognizing the heart of the piece--I was hoping you would.  Yes the recapitulation is too short.  I just decided to end it but for a good reason.  I've been thinking of making these 4 Parts that you listened to a 1st Movement.  In the 2nd Movement the string section brings the harmony and sublimity to the table into what I call the "goose bump" Movement.  Very musically cognizant of you and Mother Spirit for knowing it's needs.  If I can say, I do like how the 2nd Movement is developing with  it's pianissimo to mezzo forte dynamics.  I'll send to all when it runs it's course a bit more.  If there is a 3rd Movement, and probably should be, then Ron you will see an extended Finale.  I agree it is too short here but brevity in a closing musical statement at the end of a 1st Movement can have it's place when there is more to come.

I love your envisioning or hearing the theme shouting back and forth.  And how about this:  Visual color effects behind the orchestra following the river of chords with the brass choir shouting?

Michael is so kind to think of your pleasures in music.  One can see how much He loves the man called Ron B.  I admit to Michael that you were in my thoughts when writing a good part of this piece.  I also admit to worrying that the jazzy part might not work for you but you nailed it as the heart of the piece.  I brought in as much of the Baroque Period styles I thought that part of the piece could take without interfering with the predominant Jazz/blues idea.

Lord Serara:  I am available to do anything for you anytime--even if it's a short 3 to 4 months (ha ha) to accomplish what you honor me to attempt to do.  You must know I write piano compositions mostly.  I have very limited experience in orchestration.  We would need additional help there.  And thank you Michael when you say, "We will help with orchestrators..."  Whew! That's a big relief.  Serara, when You have an idea for the order of events or Program for the Symposium I would need to know.   As an example, is there a Benediction or Consecration (to will to do the Father's will), etc?  Well, I'll leave it there for now.  Thanks so much for the critiques.        Steve.

gitz

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 05:04:47 PM »
Hi, Dorian:  Well, my pipes are at best average.  Down here in the deep south on a day like today (and almost always) the humidity is so heavy and heat so intense even the best singers fight from being at least a few cents flat.  Yesterday I went outside and I could hardly breath, so I just drank the oxygen.  Hardly kidding! Ha.
Thanks, Dorian for your kind comments. 
Steve