Author Topic: Variation on Bach Two-Part Invention #13  (Read 138 times)

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Variation on Bach Two-Part Invention #13
« on: September 06, 2017, 04:45:07 PM »
Dear Ron and List:

Here is the Variation on Bach's Two-Part Inventions No. 13 composed by me.  I must say that this piece is a combination of Bachs, both J S and his son, Frederick Immanuel.  One day I found a piece that J S's son wrote that at least seemed to me to be a variation of papa's No.13.  While playing it I liked the way Frederick used the full register of the upper and lower keys, where J S concentrated in the middle register of the piano/harpsichord for his piece.  So I guess you could say this piece is a variation of a variation of No.13.

Thanks for listening.  I'm short for time today so I am not able to attach Bach's original work but if you listen to the original Bach Two-Part Inventions No.13 you may better understand and appreciate the method to my madness with this attached composition.      Steve.

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Variation on Bach Two-Part Invention #13
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 05:25:56 PM »
Please go the Catagory Music...  Enjoy the Variation (if you can really call it that). I just enjoy a piece, keep it in my head, and start playing with that piece and its rythem in mind. In this piece it was fun bringing the two B's to a new piece. 
Steve

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Variation on Bach Two-Part Invention #13
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 08:02:44 AM »
Steve, I never heard this piece before.  It makes me chuckle as it sounds very much like a conversation Bach had with his mentor, God the Father, to ask where am I getting this stuff? It is true!  I hear the inquiry in this music and a touch of the divine is inside of the conversation and the question.  The answer does not seem forthcoming in terms that Bach even understood, hence the resignation at the end you like so much.

Now that is what a true Bach fan may or may not here. 

I am having severe email problems and connectivity problems either because of Comcast or in spite of Comcast.  I apologize for the lateness of responding to you and to all and I wonder if you got my email response to you concerning the last private email I sent to you.  I will attempt to resend it this morning because it has some very important information for you too and the Trumpet Herald piece you wrote.

Thanks for the music and the post  - Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania