Author Topic: Shipping Out  (Read 116 times)

Michael S Queen

• "our hands brush/one finger/then/two"
    • ICQ Messenger - 9700698
    • MSN Messenger - kasaanmike@outlook.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - MQueen7654
    • View Profile
    • Where in the world is Mike Queen?
    • Email
Shipping Out
« on: October 07, 2017, 02:36:53 PM »
October 7, 2017

Hi Folks,

After a number of welcome months ashore, it is time to return to sea. I am slated to ship out in three days for a two-month hitch plying the winter waters between Homer and Kodiak, Alaska. Though my time ashore was welcome and, even necessary, I am anxious to return to serving my fellow citizens of Alaska as the MV Tustumena provides the connection for highway-based travel to communities and islands of coastal Alaska. Each hitch provides a bit more cash for finishing the construction of my sweetheart’s and my self-sufficient homestead in one of the wilder places in the world. Our mutual enterprise is to live in turn with the seasons, just one of the myriad elements of Nebadonia’s creation in concert with the rest, as we each day endeavor to learn more about Our Father and become more like Him.

Though I was born in Juneau, Alaska Territory, among the islands of the Alexander Archipelago, I grew to adulthood in the Anchorage area. I worked my way through college commercial fishing for salmon, halibut, crab, and shrimp out of Homer as my home port. As a firefighter/medic in my first career, I continued to own a boat or two and spent many of my recreational and food-harvesting hours sailing the waters of Cook Inlet and the Gulf of Alaska. These are waters I know well and love even more. The route to Kodiak encompasses the presence of a half-dozen or more volcanoes, most of them active at one time or another in my own lifetime… and that is just the beginning of the natural wonder.

The car-ferry Tustumena provides the venue for container vans, other commercial vehicles, and private vehicles to be conveyed back and forth from Kodiak, the villages of Ouzinkie and Port Lions, and Homer and Seldovia. We are the way Kodiak gets its fresh fruit, vegetables, and perishable commodities; and the way the fishing industries move their catch to market. School athletic teams utilize us to travel to and from their events; families travel with us to visit with their kin and neighbors on separate islands, to get to hospital and medical resources, and resupply themselves.

Not only is the Alaska ferry system a designated marine ‘highway’ by the USDOT, we are the ‘bus’ that provides basic public transportation for coastal residents of Alaska. It is an honor and privilege to serve my fellows in this way.

Please, dear friends, take a bit of time to ‘google’ Homer, Kodiak, Mount Augustine, Seldovia, Ouzinkie, Port Lions, Cook Inlet, Kachemak Bay, the McNeil River Sanctuary, and the Valley of Ten Thousand Smokes… it’s a lovely way to spend an afternoon beholding some of the ‘jewels in the crown’ of Nebadonia’s handiwork.

I will, as always, keep up with the Forum as best I can… given the vagaries of connectivity and operating schedule.  Remain steadfast in your absolute loyalty to the Paradise Father and, as the Apostle John admonished Jesus’ followers from his deathbed, “Love one another.”

Sincerely,
Mike
Pneyoptia

michael s. queen
PO Box 19470
Thorne Bay, Alaska 99919-0470

Email: pursermike@hotmail.com

“The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea.”
Isak Dinesen

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
Re: Shipping Out
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2017, 05:04:01 PM »
Bon voyage!  our dear Alaskan brother,

For years I have watched every documentary and TV show on Alaska and other self-sufficient landscapes of Urantia that my hungry eyes could scour.  A close friend just took the Alaska tour from Seattle and would have taken me with her had my body been up to the trip.  What beautiful primordial landscapes you enjoy that come with their own unique set of challenges to overcome. 

I join my brethren here in sending you a hearty dose of brotherly love and look forward to a time where perhaps we can circle the campfire and be wide-eyed attentive to your tales of wondrous experience as you use your beautiful prose to paint your pictures of how you have served the Father and our hearty brethren of the north.  Fathers sweetest blessings to you, your loved ones and shipmates as you take on your next adventure.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2017, 09:23:52 PM »

Good trip. Michael. You are always in my prayers, as are all members of the Serara Forum. May you enjoy the journey, with God in your heart, and when you can return we will be waiting for news of you. Of your friend. Julio.

======= 

Boa Viagem. Michael. Você sempre está em minhas orações, assim como todos os membros do Fórum Serara. Que você aproveite o período de viagem, com Deus em seu coração, e quando puder retornar estaremos esperando notícias suas. De seu amigo. Julio.
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 10:04:00 PM »
Have a safe trip, MSQ.  

We'll keep the Light shining for your return!..................Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi