Author Topic: A not very new member...  (Read 2305 times)

roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
A not very new member...
« on: March 02, 2016, 05:29:06 AM »
Hello all: 
I have been on this forum for about a year, but I don't think that I ever explained how I came across the Urantia Book in the first place.  
I was in a bookstore in Atlanta, Georgia about forty years ago.  I had gone to the philosophy section, as that was my great interest at the time.  I saw a book which intrigued my very much, but the twenty dollar price tag was too rich for me.  For the next week I was tormented by that book.  I could not get it out of my mind.  The very next week I went back to that bookstore and bought the Urantia Book.  I have read it through several times in the last forty years and I am currently reading it through once again.  I am not a T/R but I am a faith son who wishes to serve the Mission in any way that I can.
I am: Roger (Pentropy)
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.

Lynda

• Pynotera/Pre'Msha
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A not very new member...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2016, 06:48:13 AM »
Hi Roger, 

Is amazing how our thought adjusters work. It was on your mind to buy the book even though it was expensive at the time. Thanks for sharing, we all have amazing stories about how we were led to a place or book etc, is very awesome  :)

Domtia
"A funny thing happened on my way to ascension...."

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2016, 10:27:36 AM »
Hello Roger,
Ever since I was in my late 20s I read many books about Catholic saints being a Catholic. I loved the stories of what they called mystical saints. About 3 years ago, in my 60's, I thought I'd google 'love of God' and see what that can bring up.  I found sites talking about Divine Love related to spirit communications in the 1900s with James Padgett.  Intrigued about DL, I read all about it but knew there was 'more' out there.  I saw the website called new-birth.net where the admin (Geoff Cutler) gave a history of spirit communication and wrote about his own journey and recommended many books for truthseekers like ACIM etc and one called Urantia.  Geoff left to the reader which path one wanted to take.

The name sounded weird so I was determined to find it.  I googled 'urantia' and found the Urantia Organization website that allowed one to read the whole book.  Out of curiosity I downloaded some chapters or read directly from their site.  I thought everything in the book was strange and many things didn't seem real to me.  I skipped many chapters but when I got to read Part IV I was convinced that this was what I was looking for! After that, I read again some of the first three parts.  I still haven't read the entire book today and I find many things still hard to understand.  Then I found the TM Archives.  I liked the many transmissions there.  The more I read the hungrier I got.  It helped explain a lot about TUB and I especially love Rayson. From there I found Ron's website and joined this forum. I never found TUB here in the Philippines for sale but after about a year I got free copies from someone who gives the book away to anyone interested.

There is so much I know about the 'love of God' now and still so much to discover.  It's a grand journey and am so glad it will never end.
Blessings and love,  
Evan
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

Daniel Alderfer

• I will not leave or forsake you even to the end
    • MSN Messenger - Danielalderfer@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2016, 12:00:25 PM »
Roger and Evan, my siblings, your telling your stories gives me another beautiful side of you both, tell us more by pushing the modify button to add to it, or better yet, I would really love this, go to the new teaching mission list to the introduction thread and start from the beginning! And maby try to be like Ron Hammer who really gave us the rest of the story.  

Evan, I bet you know all about the very wonderfull lady of the late 1700s called St Teresa of Avila who constantly heard and recorded the voice of Jesus and other celestial notables!

My over the top dream would have everyone tell their whole story as I am dieing to get to know EACH of you, I don't know why, must be the fathers  spirit getting in there and messing with me!

Then too, I sigh with sadness as I'm racking my brain how to get every single one to forget that admonition not to vaunt themselves and do the most gracious thing I can think of and show us a picture! "Please?"

And how about a phone  # so I can call your pretty selves!

We are going to work with each other for the next thousand years, we have so much love to shower on each other, perhaps now is the time to blossom.

Consider having the tiny courage to show yourselves on the video call.  (Write Donna Lynn a note for the zoom link)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 12:43:29 PM by Daniel alderfer »
Daniel in Las Vegas, 970 618 1214, danielalderfer@hotmail.Com, While he was still a great way off his Father saw him and had compassion.

Allie

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 04:22:11 PM »
I enjoy reading the posts on the Forum, (most of the time!)    There are many brave people here sharing their innermost thoughts, hopes and dreams.    We are standing tall, waiting for the beginning of the missions of beloved Serara and Jesus.

About 15 years ago, while working part-time as an RN, I went back to school and received a degree in Criminal Justice.   My post-graduation plans did not turn out the way I had hoped.   But I found that I had developed a unique perspective due to my "behind the scenes" look at the Justice System on Urantia.    It has helped me in so many ways.    It was also excellent training in dealing with all kinds of people.    I am hoping that those years of study and experience will be a plus in the very near future.

Namaste,
Allie

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2016, 08:39:51 PM »
Hi All. We should start a new thread to tell the stories about how we came across TUB. For one, I was introduced to it when I was 17 ( I am now 59). A protestant pastor named Ben Lemay talked to my Dad about this book he was reading was the most correct of anything he has ever studied. He brought a copy, I also started to read, and the rest is history. Ben passed away 2 years ago at the age of 92, he used to talk with his T/A on a daily basis, called it Sylvie...lol.
I miss our study sessions, but he must be into some intensive studying on  the mansion worlds!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 02:02:04 PM »
Hello Roger and all,

Leveraging on its topic reports when he had first contact with the Urantia Book, make a story about when I had first contact with this wonderful book.

I was at the Book Fair in Brasilia in 2010 when the first time I had contact with the Urantia Book. I had written a fictional book on "2012" and launching the International Book Biennial of São Paulo on August 21, 2010. Unless I am mistaken, the "Book Fair in Brasilia" was a bit later, in October 2010. when I explained to a writer friend who I had written a fiction book, this writer told me: - You want to read the greatest fiction book there? I said yes. He took me to another exclusive bank for the sale of "The Urantia Book". That's when I bought the Urantia Book. And when I started reading, I could not stop. The first part I had a lot of trouble, because they were new concepts about God. So I decided to read first the part IV talks about the life and teachings of Jesus. I cringed. When he read the passages about the life and teachings of Jesus, often, tears came to my eyes. Then shortly after I purchased the book (if I'm not mistaken, a few weeks or a little more), I read the entire Book of Urantia.

Perhaps the best definition for those who do not know the Urantia Book is considered as "Book of Fiction" as the revelation that this book brings is amazing. So surprising that, at first glance, seems fiction. Most of us, I believe, that we were not prepared when we had the first contact with the first readings of excerpts from The Urantia Book. But after reading the Urantia Book in its entirety, my heart, my soul, my mind, my faith, everything in me says that the Urantia Book is not a book of "fiction" is rather a "book revelation". A wonderful revelation about God, the universe, about various deities and celestial beings and ourselves.

Much love to all,

Julio da Luz

=== 

Olá Roger e a todos,

Aproveitando sobre seu tópico que relata quando teve contato pela primeira vez com o Livro de Urantia, faço um relato sobre quando eu tive contato pela primeira vez com este maravilhoso Livro.

Eu estava na Feira do Livro em Brasília no ano de 2010  quando pela primeira vez eu tive contato com o Livro de Urantia. Eu havia escrito um livro de ficção sobre "2012" e lançando na Bienal Internacional do Livro de São Paulo no dia 21 de agosto de 2010. Salvo engano, a "Feira do Livro de Brasília" foi um pouco depois, em outubro de 2010. Quando eu expliquei para um colega escritor que eu havia escrito um livro de ficção, este escritor me disse: - Você quer ler o maior livro de ficção que existe? Eu disse que sim. Ele me levou até uma outra banca exclusiva para a comercialização do "Livro de Urantia". Foi aí que eu comprei o Livro de Urantia. E quando comecei a ler, eu não conseguia parar. A primeira parte eu tive muita dificuldade, pois eram conceitos novos sobre Deus. Então eu resolvi ler, primeiro, a parte IV que fala sobre a vida e os ensinamentos de Jesus. Eu me arrepiei. Quando lia as passagens sobre a vida e os ensinamentos de Jesus, muitas vezes, lágrimas vinham aos meus olhos. Depois, em pouco tempo após eu ter adquirido o livro (se não me engano, algumas semanas ou um pouco mais), eu li todo o Livro de Urantia.

Talvez a melhor definição para quem ainda não conhece o Livro de Urantia é considerar como "Livro de Ficção", pois a revelação que este Livro nos traz é surpreendente. Tão surpreendente que, a primeira vista, parece ficção. A maioria de nós, acredito, que não estavamos preparados quando tivemos o primeiro contato, com as primeiras leituras de trechos do Livro de Urantia. Mas depois de ler o Livro de Urantia na íntegra, meu coração, minha alma, minha mente, minha fé, tudo em mim, diz que o Livro de Urantia não é um livro de "ficção", é, sim, um "livro de revelação". Uma revelação maravilhosa sobre Deus, sobre o universo, sobre diversas divindades e seres celestiais e sobre nós mesmos.

Com muito amor a todos,

Julio da Luz
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

niant2

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 07:44:44 PM »
'' But after reading the Urantia Book in its entirety, my heart, my soul, my mind, my faith, everything in me says that the Urantia Book is not a book of "fiction" is rather a "book revelation". A wonderful revelation about God, the universe, about various deities and celestial beings and ourselves. ''

My friend Juliodaluz, sincerely, you express the feelings that i felt by reading this wonderful book, 
giving us the biggest revelation ever for the humanity.
You express perfectly the reason being of this book.
I can only thank our father in the paradise, our creator Micael of Nebadon and many other 
celestrial beings.
Thanks to all for your beautiful comments.

roger krupa

• All I have learned is love, and love is all.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 11:10:51 PM »
Hello, my friends.
I do not post very often, but I read this forum every day.  I look forward to the start of this mission, but I do not hold my breath.  From a very early age I have desired to find some way to create a more perfect society.  I have travelled many rough roads over the years, but I have not lost faith.  I have tried to help several people to see the light, and I hope I met with some success.  Currently I live in a very stressful environment, and it tries me to the limit.  There have been times when I nearly wanted to die and be done with it, but always have I gritted my teeth and persevered.  I am under stress and I do not trust, nor can I make a lot of sense of what I seem to receive at this time.  Because of this, I will not even try to post those things that probably well up from my subconscious mind.  I pray for clarity of understanding and for the ability to comprehend and communicate the truth that I know is within me.

Domtia, Roger
If people treated each other as they would like to be treated we would have heaven on earth.