Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 189 times)

budhughes

• 928-246-0431
    • View Profile
    • Email
Introduction
« on: November 24, 2017, 11:00:27 PM »
Introduction even though I have been a long time visitor I am only now posting my personal information. I hope this is acceptable.
budhughes
I was born ALVIE CHESTER HUGHES after my father during the Great depression, 1935, Portland Oregon, youngest of Five.  
My Mother, Jossie Mason was, Canadian, B.C.  From what could be called an upper middle class family of four girls and one boy. Her siblings married well but she did not. My Father was from an uneducated alcoholic back ground one without a moral compass. He developed no character or work skills nor was he able to give up his addictions. When I was an infant My Mother developed TB -Tuberculosis, she passed in 1948 without my ever knowing Her. My Father abandoned His parental duties when I was four years old, leaving his children, his wife who was hospitalized without insurance subject to what help would be available through the State.
I was raised in a State Foster Home, on a poultry farm until I was 10 years old.  Where I witnessed the Farmer exposing himself to one of the teen age girl wards. I left and rolled around like a loose cannon ball in and out of school and jobs until nineteen years when I became an employee on a Columbia River Tug boat. In time a tugboat operator. Until I was married and had a child.
1958 my wife and I, in marriage, stood in God's presence, we pledge to each other. From that time forward all pledges with God. It will always be so. THIS I PLEDGE.
God in my life was through the kindness of a foster home parent who was not religious but sent me to church where I found Jesus. My Thought Adjuster took care of me the rest of the time even though I did not know this then. Now by looking back I clearly see what I could not see then which for me proved in time there was a God. By making a conscious decision to ask if there is a god and if so  I would like to know who and what that God was. My TA lead me to the UB. 1990s.
Through this life experience I have gained a constant thought ( It is my will that God's will be done. IT has lead me and I fallow.
I have committed to the Magisterial Mission, the correcting, and cleaning of our planet from here or anywhere else . I will serve as best I can no matter where.
I can't say how many time I have read the UB. It seems not important for I don't remember all that I have read.  I don't think this brain will be sufficient so I'll just live with it and keep on reading.
budhughes

felibon

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 11:55:52 PM »
wow! a tough childhood that imprints You character for sure.. and as You said, Your beloved Thougth Adjuster guides you thru live until that place Where You can listen, Learn and discuss things about the Father busines...
Wellcome on board

Domtia

budhughes

• 928-246-0431
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 12:02:37 AM »
Felibon thank you for your thoughtful words.
budhughes

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:52:15 AM »
Budhughes.  Thank you for introducing yourself so fully.  An interesting life, to say the least!

You are most welcomed here into this family, so dedicated to being about Father´s business.
Your pledge to God was sincere and so your beloved Thought Adjuster has led you here to this oasis of
learning and sharing.

I am happy to make your acquaintance.

budhughes

• 928-246-0431
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 06:36:04 AM »
Lemuel thank you for your kind words. As a long time guest I am a committed reader of your many contributions which is for me of great value. I would like to congratulate you on your many spiritual achievements as well. budhughes
budhughes

evan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 08:33:49 AM »
Hello budhughes! You are one of those beautiful flowers found in deserts - how much you've been through in life and yet you come out of your hellhole in such magnificent wonder.  Welcome dear brother and I hope you can share with us more of those insights that can come only from those that have tread the rockiest paths in life.
Evan  
~ In kindness and with mercy minister to all who are in distress and in need (UB 140:3.14) ~

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 10:00:00 AM »
Greetings budhughes!

I am so glad you have introduced yourself so we may learn more about you.   All of us come from such interesting beginnings.   Some more difficult than others.   It gives each of us a unique perspective.   You do not have to be concerned about remembering what you read in the Urantia Book.   Your beloved Adjuster sees through your eyes and does remember.   Welcome to the party, budhughes!.....................Allie  
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 06:43:34 PM »
Budhughes,
Welcome home! 
Yours is a very touching and moving story! This is the right place to be and to continue to grow!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...

BrianVB

• Cooperation with goodness toward Light and Life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 01:05:51 AM »
A warm welcome to you Budhughes to the forum family. Your honesty and openess about the telling of your life is sobering to read. I hope that you have the peace that you seek and may you find more of it here.

With the Urantia Book, along with the messages of truth from this forum, I have found amazing answers to why this defaulted planet is the way it is. The real test comes with the truth revealed here of the Universal Father's will, do we have the courage to follow through. For me, it is a process.

Good day,
Brian
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:08:40 AM by BrianVB »

JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2017, 03:50:21 AM »

Be very welcome Budhughes to the Serara Forum. In the last few days I received a visit from a cousin, I was almost out of time, and for this I came very shortly to the Serara Forum. But even with a little delay, I wish all good for you and may God enlighten your steps. A big brotherly hug. Julio.

======= 

Seja muito-bem vindo Budhughes ao Fórum Serara. Nos últimos dias eu recebi a visita de um primo, quase estava sem tempo, e por isto acessei muito pouco o Fórum Serara. Mas, mesmo com um pouco de atraso, eu desejo tudo de bom para você e que Deus ilumine seus passos. Um grande abraço fraternal. Julio.
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2017, 09:44:00 AM »
May I also welcome you Budhughes to our family of Agondonters.  I hope you get as much love and value from our family as I have received.
May our Heavenly Father watch over you and keep you growing in his grace.

Your new (old) brother,
Dorian
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

budhughes

• 928-246-0431
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2017, 11:04:35 AM »
budhughes   11-28-2017, 901: am Yuma AZ. USA

Thank all my Brothers of the UB and 5th dispensation for your kind words.
I was using my life examples for others on our planet who did not have the perfect family life. How our Father & Mother steppes in the mix to salvage some of the fallen fruit.
Just recently on the news Charles Manson died he is of course one on the other side. We can know it was his choosing.

All this is a testament to God's Glory and Fatherhood we can all share.
Domtia
budhughes