Author Topic: New Member arrival on 1/7/18  (Read 198 times)

RichardB

• View Profile
    • Email
New Member arrival on 1/7/18
« on: January 07, 2018, 05:33:34 PM »

I am stepping up to get on board this cruise ship and introduce myself to this delightful
community....I think the journey is well worth the price of admission....and with such good company aboard, I'm certain it will be enjoyable to participate....

Have read some of the intros...it is amazing to see the variety of communication here ....many different paths coming together here....there's a high level of dedication here...I feel hopeful here  in this community...

About me:
I grew up in a Christian Church environment...didn't make too much trouble, but I know my loving parents were concerned at times....neither they nor I knew how to conduct ourselves on this confusing planet, but they did a pretty good job....

I was introduced to TUB by a next door neighbor....I didn't understand it at first but when I caught on to it, I've been reading it now for 20 yrs....

At 19, after 2 yrs of college and not knowing what to do, went on a surfing trip and ended up as a student missionary....came back and took more college, still not knowing what to do....ended up going to medical school...now I have stuff to do whether I like it or not...

...in college one thing I always did and still do, read a lot of philosophy, psychology, etc to understand the world, and found I couldn't understand it very well......

Now that I've been reading the UB for 20 yrs,  I'm getting some insight...metaphysics is a mess, as is the rest of the planet....BUT, things have changed....we're out of quarantine!!!...I'm finding out about it just now....

.....so the image in my mind is like the faces I see in the photos when Paris was liberated in WWII.... (I wasn't born then so I don't have that one as a personal experience, but it must have been wildly grand)...

So long for now...
RichardB

niant2

• Antonio
    • MSN Messenger - antoniodistephano@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: New Member arrival on 1/7/18
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2018, 05:58:02 PM »
Welcome my dear friend!!!!
Have fun in this great "Ali baba cave",..., you will find only a huge treasures of spiritual knowledge her and you will find a new friend,..., me...., and my brothers ans sisters of this "Family of God"!!!!  ;) :D
John 20:31

31 But these are written that you may believe[a] that Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name.

BJanelle

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2018, 06:27:04 PM »
Welcome again and so glad you are here Richard :)
Be Gracious, Be Kind , Be Thankful

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 06:49:58 PM »
Greetings Richard B!

You have come on board our cruise ship.   This is not a ship of fools although some of us may be misguided.   All you need is the Urantia Book and your sense of humor.  Do not lose either of them!  

We are sailing into a hurricane but do not worry.   Our Captain is Michael of Nebadon.   Since this is a family cruise, I wish to take this opportunity to welcome you into our family.   Welcome aboard, Richard!........................Allie  
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

RichardB

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2018, 12:32:07 AM »
 :)
thankyou: niant2, BJanelle, and Allie...
I'm trying to orient myself here,  I'm not sure where to go on here, there's so many directions to go in all at once...
I'll gradually have to work on my communication skills...sailing into a hurricane?...I get seasick when its calm...adapt and overcome, right?...pass the scopalamine please...

RichardB

wendy.winter

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2018, 01:19:22 AM »
@RichardB, it will serve you well to read the Monjoronson Planetary Management and Sustainability Report. Wendy
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 01:46:52 AM by wendy.winter »

Ron Hammar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2018, 02:55:32 AM »
Richard,
Welcome aboard, The waters will be ruff but the destination is fixed

Allie

• Believe in God but tie up your camel.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 07:45:23 AM »
Good Morning Richard,

Please don't put any pressure on yourself as far as posting is concerned.   There is no requirement about the frequency of writing a message.   Sometimes it is best to just sit back in your deck chair and watch where this ship is headed.  

By the way, Scopolamine will not be needed.  

Have a good day, Richard!..................................Allie
"Preach the Gospel at all times and when necessary use words."  - St. Francis of Assisi

Dorian

• He gave His everything, all He asks of us is Love
    • MSN Messenger - doriand@live.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 10:37:24 AM »
Hello to you Richard and may I also welcome you to this amazing journey through the world where Mankind and Spirit attempt to work in coordinated unison to bring about the much longed for era of,  "Light and Life."  

Enjoy your new school of spirit and please feel free to jump in with both feet anytime at all.
Your new brother in Christ Michael,
Dorian 
He Gave To Us His Everything.  Now "All He Asks Of Us Is Love."   Song about Jesus. Lyrics and Vocal by Dorian C. Doyon - Music by Kris Kristofferson   Clicking on the link here will take you to the song.  Domtia
www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLU9SjexHw

Pliktarious

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2018, 03:47:08 PM »
Hi Richard,welcome to the forum,this is some adventure that we have set out upon and there is no turning back, but be assured we will reach our destination.

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2018, 07:48:08 PM »
Welcome Aboard RichardB,

These links may help you find your way around:

Index to Categories (for topical reading and posting) the various categories are explained here as to what you can expect to find  http://forum.serara.org/index.php?topic=7348.0

FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) about this site and their answers can be found here http://forum.serara.org/index.php?topic=2361.0
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.