Author Topic: Australia's Largest Maritime Drill engaging some 27 Countries for the 1st Time  (Read 67 times)

7inOcean

• View Profile
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/09/china-engages-in-australias-largest-maritime-drill-exercisekakadu.html

Have a look at this article placed on cnbc above. I am delighted to see this exercise will also involve  ".. to establish familiarity which helps to prevent conflict on the high seas and to co-ordinate disaster relief efforts.." .

What got my interest is that the number of countries participating and on co-ordination skills when this could actually come in useful in the times we know of great natural disasters that are imminent to occur. I can only hope this exercise would come in as invaluable to those participating and that Exercise Kakadu 2018 results with resounding success for all involved. Bearing in mind, how humid the climate is in the near equatorial areas of this part of the world. It is for most a sweaty ordeal to play in as the so-called "build-up" of heat ramps up in the far tropical north. When I lived there, August-November can be very humid and at times unbearable. I hope these guys and gals can handle it! The exercise sounds great but the heat can be testing in the extreme.

I thought to share this as it is good to see some efforts being made to undergo some sort of international "co-ordination" albeit even if it is on a military level. This could be a beginning of things to come.

Sue/7inOcean
« Last Edit: September 09, 2018, 06:40:51 PM by 7inOcean »