Author Topic: A dream of love and concern  (Read 109 times)

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
A dream of love and concern
« on: November 08, 2018, 06:53:16 PM »
I woke up from a dream this morning that might explain something about my upcoming travel to York to work as Ron's assistant to help in any way I can with various assignments.  Perhaps it shows my fear, or at least concern, for my family before, during, and even after the dark period, when even more danger may loom in the Gulf coast region where I live.  I worry that I may leave before definite plans are made for my family to bug out at the drop of a hat. As you may recall in the Urantia Book, even Jesus made sure that His family affairs were secure before He began His public ministry.

In the dream there was a large room with small round tables and chairs all about the room.  As I walked into the room I located one table with chars and claimed it a I sat down.  Small talk ensued between me and the other people at their tables nearby.  I had the feeling that I was waiting for others that I knew, in particular, members of my family to join me.  People began to come to my table and join in conversation so often, that we had to slide tables close together to accommodate the additional walk-ups.  More and more people seemed to want to come to my table, some sat at the table, some just observed from nearby.  My spoken words and actions acknowledging all or most of them seemed to attract even more.  Now, children were coming to the large tables slid together, not to converse per se, but just to be near all the action going on, it seemed.  Suddenly, I found myself holding one of the young children.  A four or five year old boy had fallen asleep while I held him vertically in my left arm, using my right arm to continue "speaking with my right hand."  I realized that the boy had fallen asleep in my arm by the weight of his head resting on my left shoulder.  Immediately I thought it was one of my grandchildren, because of the familiarity I have holding the lovely dead weight of a sleeping child in that position, and the inner knowledge I have of the boy's own feeling of security when in my grasp, tucked away with head on shoulder.  And then I looked at him and noticed his beautiful complexion and his short crew-cut hair, and realized that the boy was not my grandchild.  So, I looked around only to discover that there were many other young children apparently eager to be held for comfort and rest as well.  None of the children turned out to be in my family, but that didn't matter.  They could have well been family members because I felt so much love for them all.  I loved the sincere trust and faith they apparently demonstrated coming to me for comfort.

When I woke up, I thought:  Is this the Fatherly love, when at the Last Supper, Jesus asked, no, commanded His apostles to have with on another, in addition to the brotherly love that He had previously taught them to share?  Yes, I believe it is, I concluded.  Should we all be fortunate to experience the pleasure of Fatherly love.  This must be, I thought, the reason Father created us; for Him to experience the glorious, ecstatic relationship of fatherly love--our coming to His table with utter, sublime trust, faith, and love.  How great Thou art to live and love an experiential reality with so many, many children who come to His table!

So I say to you all,  I am not courageous at all about my leaving family without security.  I greatly fear losing any of my children and grandchildren.  For that matter any of the beautiful innocent little ones.  How can I leave to go about doing the Father's business without being certain the family is well take care of.  I must, of course.  I will.  So I pray, Father, please get me to York knowing that my family's safety is secured.  Give me the knowledge to know how to make that happen. 

Thank you, Father.

Steve

weydevu

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: A dream of love and concern
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2018, 12:26:54 PM »
Hi Steve, I just read your post and I to live in the state of Louisiana also, in the northwest corner between Texarkana & Shreveport. Having just moved from Los Angeles a year and a half ago, like jumping from the frying pan into the fire.
Anyway I to had a dream also. I can't remember it all but what made me remember was the date. I was given the date of April 27 to enlist for service, now in my mind I'm saying to myself I'm to old to go into the military. Another odd thing, I was given two sheets of paper I didn't read its contents but one sheet had a golden orange color the other had a pinkish red color. Now I don't know what it means but I did find some humor in it. I said to myself, 'I like the colors and it looks like I'm good till the end of April' ;D. In God's eternal love.

Weydevu

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: A dream of love and concern
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2018, 09:41:33 PM »
Hi Weydevu:

What a pleasure meeting you--a Louisana man!  I had no idea. What brought you to the pelican state?  I'll tell what's ironic. My wife grew up in Vivian, LA and when we bought a house in Lafayette, LA. 36 years ago, the street name turned out to be Vivian Drive. You must know the town called Vivian. It's between Texarcana and Shreveport where you live. 
Nice to hear from you. If you ever get down into Cajun country, look me up. Call me if you're down this way, or anytime (337) 298-2164. This is exciting. I've never met a Urantia book reader from Louisiana. I gave up thinking d find one. And you're in our forum family!  Now that's something.