Author Topic: The Secret of Christmas  (Read 538 times)

Online Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Secret of Christmas
« on: December 25, 2018, 02:00:56 AM »
Merry Christmas to you all!
This is my all-time favourite Christmas Song, composed by Sammy Cahn and Jimmy Van Heusen.
It was first recorded by Bing Crosby and sung in the 1959 film "Say One for Me"

Lyrics:                                It´s not the glow you feel when snow appears.
                                           It´s not the Christmas card you sent for years.
                                           Not the joyful sound when sleigh-bells ring
                                           Or the merry songs children sing. 

The little gift you sent on Christmas Day
                                           Will not bring back a friend you´ve turned away.
                                           So may I suggest the secret of Christmas
                                           Is not the things you do at Christmas time
                                           But the Christmas things you do all year through.

It can´t be said better than that.

Lemuel                           

Billabong

Re: The Secret of Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2018, 03:12:36 AM »
Thank you, Lemuel, for giving us this message of the secret of Christmas. We do tend to focus on the "season" rather than continuing this giving spirit throughout the year, and then throughout our lives.

The Dickens novella "A Christmas Carol" had a character known as Ebenezer Scrooge. By the end of the story, we see the crotchety, old mizer change his ways and start living, apparently, a life guided by his Indwelling Thought Adjuster, giving and sharing what he had, to help those in need.

Dickens gave his character the name "Eben - Ezer" which has it's origin in the Old Testament story of Samuel. To commemorate the defeat of the Philistines after receiving supernatural assistance from The Lord God, Samuel erected a stone monument, a "stone of help", or Eben Ezer, as a memorial to remember the occasion.

May we all be reminded of Ebenezer living up to his name, and adopt this "stone of help" attitude in our lives, giving what we can, when and where the need arises. This is the meaning behind the secret of Christmas. Celebrate whenever necessary, wherever you are.

Chilliwack

Online newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 02:14:02 PM »
Merry Christmas -  Joyeux Noël - Feliz Navidad - and in every other language...may we celebrate the reason for the season today, and all year long.
Freely we have received freely we give as we fellowship with our Father in Heaven, our earthly brethren and our celestial family of Nebadon and beyond.

Bless you each and every one!
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Offline bradcooke

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 10:28:08 PM »
Lemuel,

A beuatiful poem that guides us to how we should live our lives here! Thank-you!
The Glory of God is Intelligence...