Author Topic: FIRST EFFORTS TO PUBLISH "ORIGINS"  (Read 168 times)

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
FIRST EFFORTS TO PUBLISH "ORIGINS"
« on: June 10, 2019, 11:16:36 PM »
We are now starting our work to find a publisher for the AIDS and Autism self help book in curing AIDS and looking at Autism as a brain damage that can be grown out of.  It is both difficult and time consuming and I just want to point it out to those of you who would love to do a book on a subject you love to talk about and have something important to say about it too.

We stated that this afternoon and found out that if we are acceptable to be interviewed at all, that the top twenty publishers in the United States take almost two (2) years to publish once they accept you for a book to be read by the public under their impress.  If you go with a smaller publishers that can take up to eight months and then you might wind up with some of the expenses yourself.  It is not a pretty picture and we are fighting to be heard at all as few of the big guys ever open the door to unpublished authors to begin with.

That said we had an interview today and they agreed to read it and critique it as a paying proposition to them and perhaps to us.  We have agreed to wait 30 days for an evaluation and a report on the advisability as worthiness of putting it into print. 

Why that is so important to any publisher is because when they sign a contract with an author to publish the book, they have to prepare a contract with a book printing factory.  A normal first run I am told is 1,000 copies.  If the book is a hard back and say 100 pages long, the cost of doing such a book off t he presses is about $6.00  per hard back.   Then they must pay for a jacket, and that is done separately and collated at the factory onto the book and that often runs another sixty cents to one dollar each.  The books are then taken to the loading dock for distribution, and the publisher pays a company that specializes delivering books to book stores and the big box stores like Amazon and Barnes and Noble and Books A Million, and many more.  Cost to move the new titles to book stores for sale is about one dollar per book in the entire effort.  Once in the book stores they are sold under the understanding if they take 100 of your new book, they have the right to return all unsold books back to you for another cost to the distributor.  By the time that cycle is finished, it will cost the publisher for this 100 page book you wrote over three years ago, about $15,000 to handle you.  But he has also been paying your royalties on the books that did sell and he routinely pays twenty cents on the dollars to himself and the rest to you once he recoups the cost of publication.  We already tabulated that above.  Most authors who are first time authors, seldom recoup the cost of getting it bound at Staples to send the book to a publisher in the first place.  SO:

The scale of costs and trouble to get your new book into the bookstore is enormous compared to any benefit you may reap.  Yes, there are things some publishers provide that make it easier if you share some of the these expenses with him, but for us that is not a reasonable way of doing business.

The ORIGINS OF AIDS AND AUTISM is our book title and it consists of about 200 printed pages, maybe a tad less.  As a hard bound book it will run, we think it will run a tad less than three hundred pages in its current form.  Our costs so far run to about $1,000 plus and we have only started.  Our expectation is that it would be a best seller if we have a publishers who seriously promotes the book at even more expense that what is outline above by large page adverts in newspapers and television ads.  This book is worth that kind of work, but we hardly would demand such service.  We are happy to be published bare bones as it may be by anyone who takes us on.

We will not allow self publishings because those contracts do not guarantee, for the most part, more printings to replenish a book that has sold out.  We forecast this book will take a run of 10,000 copies to begin with, and we believe it could be a best seller if we hit the whimsical side of public interest that must have the book or die.  We cannot forecast that and hence we must wait for an evaluation of a publishers we spoke with today for his feedback, he says, in thirty days.

I have now outlined to you what we have started and the commercial problems that come with it all the way to the bank or bust.

Furthermore, I am asking that any royalty payments made on the book be made out to the payee, the Magisterial Foundation, to fund it as it may be, and to insure that the charitable corporation can keep the bulk of its funds from sales of the book to distribute AIDS vaccines and Autism help, and treatments for Altzheimers is reasonable and can be afforded by the unfortunate that contract either a killer or a very unhappy childhood with Autism in place.

The Magisterial Foundation will fund Starbridge Group and Starbridge Foundation to enable them to write more books as dictated by the instruments of the Deity Absolute, Michael of Nebadon, Rayson, and many others who were so helpful with our ORIGINS  book to date.  None of it goes to luxury living but Michael will make some more available to do other work that needs to make the home I live it a place of offices and move me out of the way at some point.  This all I have to say at this point, but at least you now have an idea what work we have just entered into to get this book out to the public.

Thank you all for listening and hopefully you who would like to publish know a little bit more about it now.

Ron Besser
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: FIRST EFFORTS TO PUBLISH "ORIGINS"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2019, 06:35:01 AM »
Ron, thanks for the information you have provided here about the long drawn out  and time consuming process to get a book published and distributed, and promoted.  I have to say that I had no idea that it took so long and the many complications  especially considering how relatively short time and expense it required  when you submitted your Ilock book published through Kindle on Amazon.      As I was thinking about  all of this, I was wondering if you and Steven had considered using the same publisher used by Daniel Raphael , "Healing A Broken World", mostly dictated by  Monjoronson which was  Origin Press, Celestia....www.Origin Press.  It may be more difficult to get a book published by a major publisher when the book is co authored by Spirit.  Mankind is not quite there yet when dealing when  Spirit and the whole concept of receiving directly with the divine.   Of course there many publishers who deal with such spiritual matters and subjects that date back to the late 60's and 70's.   
Just to list a few:
Free Spirit Press
TCK Publishing
Austin Macauley Publishers
Xulon Press
BookLogix
Balboa Press
and I am sure there are many many more.....

Just a thought!!    LarryG

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 06:54:19 AM »
I also meant to mention:

G P.  Putman's Sons through Penguin Putnam Inc. out of New York and Hampton Roads Publishing since they were the two publishers who did Neal Donald Walsch's  Conversations With God series.

LarryG

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 08:43:06 AM »
Thanks Larry.  Nice report.  It is a sea of choices and one small boat.  Ron

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 11:31:22 AM »
The same problems exist in almost any industrial country, in France and Europe in general, not only in USA. This is the first thing that my old french comrade - he is a writer, he has published many books and at the top of this he provides counsels to those who want to write a book – tells me during a long conversation we had together about how to publish a book for the first time and how to avoid the obstacles, so he gave me some tips which I want to share here.

1) First of all, for a book to be read by a large public it must be attractive in its style (the way a book is written), it must kept the attention right away as from the first page, otherwise if the reader is bored he will put it aside, eventhough there are important informations embodied in it.

2)The informations must be validated, on an experimental basis, by groups of people that are really dedicated to the improvement of medical care for uncurable diseases and the only way is to go through non-profit associations or organizations.

3)Once there are proofs of what the book is all about, the medias must be called upon for a conference and let them do the work of letting the good news out to the public after investigation and that will make the publishers think twice.

The main interest of this all – I am sure it will captivate many great minds – is that it is done with a humanitarian objective, without the intention of making any financial profit out of it, only for the benefit of those who are suffering of these illnesses. This is what I have gathered from a conversation with my friend : some thoughts to ponder. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Offline occerpa

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2019, 01:18:30 AM »
I did not know that the publication of a book in the USA was so complicated and so expensive. And I think that like me, we all want to read such a revolutionary book as soon as possible. For that reason, I do not understand why the book is not published online and in this way make it accessible to everyone without having to wait. I have always thought that medicine should not be a business and in fact information that will relieve the work of doctors and benefit so many, should be published on the Internet, facilitating in this way, its dissemination as quickly as possible. Because I do not think that any of those involved in the production of the book, they are thinking first of how much money the book will bring them; although online, you could also ask for payment. Thanks

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2019, 11:28:25 AM »
Clency, I greatly appreciate your post and advice from your experienced publishing friend.  That is sage advice and I take it and thank you for posting it.

Occerpa, I am greatly advised by you as you say in your post, to just publish the book.  However, the book is as ground breaking as Rachel Carlson's "SILENT SPRING,"  and I therefore must be extremely careful just what is done with the dynamite this book can be.  It can do harm if we do not carefully handle its introduction.  The Internet is limited, believe it or not, for the very people who need to see it either do not have a computer, or the place they work in is so busy they never get a chance to find it because they do not look for any such thing.

Furthermore, the book is ground breaking in so many ways, people are going to marvel at how it was accomplished.  That will detract from what we tell people about AIDS and Autism and thereby fail in its original purpose to inform and let well enough alone when the medical profession finally grasps what they are dealing with when it comes to a Streptococcus so virulent, just washing your hands will not prevent it turning into an AIDS virus into your body. 

Third, I must make hay while I can for the Magisterial Foundation.  Proceeds from this book will not be a check made out to me as royalties, but will be deposited in the charity to produce vaccines for Africa and the other places where these epidemics of viral pneumonia and AIDS take origin first.  I feel obligated to seed the Magisterial Foundation first, and then second, to allow the Magisterial Son to determine in what manner throse proceeds in the bank will allow them to operate a limited construction of a pharmaceutical corporation to be the licensee for what we can do to stop AIDS and other concerns along the way.

You are not wrong to suggest what you have, but you are limiting me to make some contributions to world wide discussions on just how to contain AIDS and other endemic diseases along the way.  I am not a medical doctor, but I do have access to the very profession licensing means to make these vaccines immediately available through a divine institution which does not take profits into consideration first, but sees the priority to do the good it can do by selling the book to the world so it can take what it says on its own terms.

This is just my response to your suggestion above and it is not meant to be a rebuttal entirely but to educate all who may feel as you do to just publish it on line and walk away from it.  We need to do more than that and if I cam successful, we will indeed do more than just publish it on the Internet.  I do thank your for a reasonable suggestion you do make as well.
RON

MICHAEL OF NEBADON - "The book we simply call ORIGINS is worthy of a small army to read and release the good news it brings to humanity on earth.  There is a publishing house interested in doing this book now and that is not yet evident to Ron or anyone at the moment; however, Ron awoke quite sober again and is worried we are redoing the entire matter again.  No so. 

"But we are now advised by the Deity Absolute, that the book is so powerful it must be curtailed in some manner in order to prevent a wholesale use of misstatements that will be generated by the press, and that is it is the Hand of God that did this through a man who is not a doctor and who can only take down the views of a cosmic surgeon.  I see it clearly and Ron is aware it can happen but he has to gamble that it does good too.  However, we now understand that the Deity Absolute sees it as a grammar poor and exclusive swat at the medical profession for being too slow and too ancient in concept to deliver the cure as it must be delivered to eradicate AIDS, just to name one thing it does for mankind.

"Consequently, Ron was moved this morning to stay in bed to gather his own wits and understand that there is nothing he can do anymore to eradicate the book entirely and start looking for an entirely different way of doing this on Urantia.  That is the opinion of the Deity Absolute, but Ron feels that anything we do otherwise is like the turtle who refuses to come out its shell to get something done for itself and its environment.  I agree with Ron that SILENT SPRING  was a ground breaking volume, but this one is even greater and must be handled with a fine tooth comb.  He is surly this morning for no reason other than he feels thrown back again with unintended consequences on other issues looming very large in his mind right now too.

"We are establishing a Trust Fund for the book.  The Magisterial Foundation is to benefit from it and will take on many projects as we can to see to it that the epidemics originating in Africa are stamped out and that AIDS itself is to flee it superior means to kill and place it in the dust bin of experience for good and out of our way on Urantia permanently.  K"

Ron - Occerpa, you are a man of good will and not inconsiderable thought, and your reaction is already one of suspicion over how money is generated to do things through the charitable Magisterial Foundation.  I agree but the vaccines in this book are worth tens of billions of dollars to the Foundation and to the world if we can muster our way into maximizing the positive side of what publishing this book can do.  I counter the recommendation of the Deity Absolute with a primary result that the book does no good sitting in a vault and waiting for a propitious moment, but I am also horrified with the result the Deity Absolute sees as miscreant press reporting to ruin the chance for this publication do any good whatsoever.  I leave it to Michael of Nebadon to guide us past the shoals we have to avoid to handle this gift to man and do the best we can under the heave authorization process the publisher may place on us to do it under heavy restrictions of press releases and what not.  I am unsure how to proceed at the moment must wait for someone to tell me just where the book, myself, and the proposed publisher may stand at this singular moment of  "lets do this carefully" review I am getting myself this morning.
RON

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:28 AM »
It would be wonderful and expedient if we could find a few people in each phase of these formulas that wanted. To use these formulas and vaccines to try them and give their testimonies with their experiences !    LarryG

Online LarryG

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2019, 12:42:14 PM »
Won’t all of this have to be approved by the FDA and  the required test studies done?  LarryG

Offline JuliodaLuz

• I love God with all intensity of my being.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2019, 02:21:58 PM »
Yes, Ron I agree that a normal physical book is much better than a digital book. In the case the digital book affects vision. For me the brightness of the computer screen affects the eyes. In addition the physical book can look several pages back and forth, stimulating curiosity.

I will tell you a bit about my experience in publishing the first (physical) book in a Publisher.

I wrote my first book of fiction throughout the month of January 2010. That January of 2010 I was on vacation.

Then I sent the book outline to several publishers in Brazil.

Until there came a proposal to launch the book by Editora Reach of my native land, the State of Rio Grande do Sul, being more precise, the capital of the state, the city of Porto Alegre.

Now I am sketching the second book of fiction that I intend to finish writing until October 27. At first, for me, the challenge to be overcome in this second book seems to me to be superior to the first book, because during this period I will not have a holiday to dedicate myself exclusively to the book, that is, I will have to concentrate more on the writing of the script and dialogues between the fictional characters on the weekends.

In my view, the whole book portrays some message from the writer. The message of the second book of fiction that I am doing will portray various subjects, among them the dialogues between the characters will have comments on the Urantia Book, the Magisterial Mission, the return of Jesus and the spiritual renewal of the planet with the preparation of the planet for the Age of Light and Life.

In my view, I believe Clency is right when he says that the book has to catch the attention of the reader from the front page. Stimulate the curiosity of the reader to continue reading.

I believe that the book "Origins" will succeed because the subject is important and will benefit the whole world.

But at this early stage, you have to be patient in the process of negotiating with interested publishers.

If possible when the book is published in the US, I would also like the license to publish the Origin Book in Brazil. In this case, I will get an editor that I work with and translator to translate from English to Portuguese.

=======

Sim, Ron eu concordo que um livro físico, normal, é muito melhor do que um livro digital. No caso o livro digital afeta a visão. Para mim a luminosidade da tela do computador afeta os olhos. Além do mais o livro físico se pode olhar várias páginas para frente e para trás, estimulando a curiosidade.

Vou falar um pouco sobre minha experiência em publicar o primeiro livro (físico) em uma Editora.

Eu escrevi meu primeiro livro de ficção em todo o mês de janeiro de 2010. Naquele mês de janeiro de 2010 eu estava de férias.

Depois eu enviei o esboço do livro para várias editoras do Brasil.

Até que veio uma proposta para lançar o livro pela Editora Alcance da minha terra natal, o Estado do Rio Grande do Sul, sendo mais preciso, da capital do estado, a cidade de Porto Alegre.

Agora estou fazendo esboço do segundo livro de ficção que pretendo terminar de escrever até o dia 27 de outubro. A princípio, para mim, o desafio a ser superado neste segundo livro me parece superior ao primeiro livro, pois neste período não vou ter férias para me dedicar exclusivamente ao livro, ou seja, vou ter que me concentrar mais na redação do roteiro e dos diálogos entre os personagens de ficção nos finais-de-semana.

Em minha visão, todo o livro retrata alguma mensagem do escritor. A mensagem do segundo livro de ficção que eu estou fazendo irá retratar vários assuntos, entre eles, os diálogos entre os personagens terão comentários sobre o Livro de Urantia, a Missão Magisterial, o retorno de Jesus e a renovação espiritual do planeta com a preparação do planeta para Era de Luz e de Vida.

Na  minha visão, eu acredito que Clency tem razão quando diz que o livro tem que chamar a atenção do leitor desde a primeira página. Estimular a curiosidade do leitor para continuar a leitura.

Eu acredito que o Livro "Origens" terá sucesso, pois o assunto é importante e irá beneficiar o mundo inteiro.

Mas, nesta fase inicial, tem que ter paciência no trâmite na negociação com possíveis Editoras interessadas.

Se possível quando o livro for publicado nos EUA, eu gostaria também de licença para publicar o Livro Origens no Brasil. No caso, eu irei conseguir editora a qual eu trabalho e tradutor para fazer a tradução do idioma inglês para o idioma português.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 02:24:41 PM by JuliodaLuz »
Julio da Luz (Bar'MTinsha - Pre'Msha)

Online TrinitiLuv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2019, 10:57:35 PM »
Ron, I could speak many words of praise and appreciation for your prodigious labors in bringing the "the book" to a reality, but they would be repetitious of words already spoken.....I thought I would bring to your attention, in case you are not now aware of it, but a Doctor Robert Gallo has a patent on the HIV virus (an easily verifiable statement).....He states that the virus was created basically for depopulation of the planet.....I believe, but am not certain, that Doctor Gallo was attached to the National Institute for Health at the time of securing the patent.  I only mention this to bring to awareness that there is little doubt in my mind that Big Pharma will make efforts to secure patents on some of content of "the book." ..... I think Ocerpa's suggestion of digital publishing would result in getting the content before the public's eyes in a much shorter time than is required for publication as you have outlined.  However, in my opinion, doing so would just give Big Pharma et al a head start in what I feel will be near certain efforts to secure patents.  Toward the end of protecting the legal rights to ownership of the contents of "the book" I suggest a thought might be given to securing patent/s on the vaccines, cures etc. as you have set forth......I write in bold print for no reason other then ancient eyes.......Ray Borden  //  TrinitiLuv  //  Washington DC Metro Area  //  12 June 2019

Online Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 11:44:30 PM »
Thank you TrinitiLov - Dr. Gallo I am told attempted to patent the entire concept of HIV.  The virus was an after thought in his day, and that was prior to 1985, perhaps 1983.

We, however, attract no such confusion he had because we have nailed the culprit and named it precisely.    Chapters Six, Seven, and Eight provide the etymology from where the actual virus springs from, to the description of at least three virus varieties.  Here is a brief description I do not mind sharing with you of the three major varieties of HIV virus types:

1  SMOOTH SKIN HIV VIRUS - If we would qualitate all the AIDS viruses this one is the least often found and is represented by a 6.  The most common AIDS virus gets a 10 and the lurking epidemic is an unseen virus which will be represented as a 12.  What is coming is so dangerous we are unsure just how it will break out but when it does we have another epidemic.  Smooth skin HIV virus under the electron microscope appears to be flawless in its covering and is a slight grey pink if the eye could see it.

2  ROUGH SKIN VIRUS which earns the number 10 in commonality is covered with what looks like harbor mines that when a ship hits them it sinks them.  Those are vacuoles that sting the tissue cells to inject them with amino acids.  That kills the normal tissue cell and new virus cells erupt around the dying cell to feed.

3  COLLOIDAL AIDS HIV -  This earns a 12 number because it will become the predominant killer.  It is called colloidal as it is a mix of the smooth skin virus and the rough skin virus, and it is covered with stinger vacuoles to kill as noted in number two.  It hides in the rectum and is totally quiet for up to six years after being contracted.  What will trigger its numbers is the false claim that HIV uses the brain stem to gain predominance in the body.  No HIV virus ever does that.  Chapter Seven of the book explains where it does hide and what it does while hiding to prepare to a total assault into a person and once evident can kill in 37 to 52 hours.

These three descriptions are from the Voice of God, and great detail in the AIDS chapters within the book give full details just how this works.

Let me add this:  If someone contracts the smooth skin virus, without some type of immunology intercession, they die with sixty hours to two years depending on where the smooth skin virus takes lodging.

If a person contracts the rough skin HIV virus death is quick and heartless without six months of contracting it.  It operates a little differently than the smooth skin and all are lethal.

Colloidal AIDS is another mutation and watch out!  It can kill within 24 hours without intervention.

I hope that helps you to visualize how much further we have come in this book as to the sophistication of knowledge and killer vaccines produced in the book to stop them all.

Thanks for your post Trinitilove.

Ron

« Last Edit: June 13, 2019, 12:51:16 AM by Ron Besser »

Online Clency

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2019, 12:06:05 AM »
Larry : ‘‘It would be wonderful and expedient if we could find a few people in each phase of these formulas that wanted to use these formulas and vaccines to try them and give their testimonies with their experiences !’’

In France, there are non-profit organizations for AIDS, AUTISM, ALZHEIMER and other pandemic diseases where people of good will are trying to find solutions to these problems which science is unable to provide ; I think it must go the same for all countries as well. There are some of those organizations that are already proposing alternative remedies for cure of these ailments. The only way to get people test the ‘formulas and vaccines’, as you stated it in your post above, Larry, is to go through those organizations and once there will be some ‘testimonies with experiences’, it will make a big change, but we must make sure beforehand that there will be no plagiarizing. Domtia
Oh, Lord ! I am your servant, I am your liege, it is my will to have your will be done, I am yours for eternity.

Online TrinitiLuv

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 12:07:16 PM »
Gobs of thanks, Ron.  Just thought  I would toss into the fray a few words of my own regarding "the book."  I appreciate your words of wisdom.  I can see that my knowledge of HIV/AIDS pales into globs of ignorance when compared to your elucidation on the subject......Ray Borden  //  TrinitiLuv  //  Washington DC Metro Area  //  13 June 2019