Author Topic: U2-This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now  (Read 4884 times)

7inOcean

• View Profile
U2-This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
« on: May 29, 2015, 04:44:35 AM »
i have provided a link of the lyrics of this song for your perusal.

http://www.directlyrics.com/u2-this-is-where-you-can-reach-me-now-lyrics.html

rung

• View Profile
Re: U2-This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2015, 02:51:21 AM »
« Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 03:34:26 AM by rung »

7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2015, 06:26:45 AM »
Cool rung and hello!  Thanks for that I haven't played a guitar for a while and looking at this spurs me to practice it again.  Welcome to the forum rung.
Sue/7inOcean

Daniel Alderfer

• I will not leave or forsake you even to the end
    • MSN Messenger - Danielalderfer@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2015, 11:35:09 AM »
Dear Rung,  

At this most happy moment just before the return of Jesus and the official announcements, your coming at least will never be forgotten?  We all welcome you with open arms,  pledge our friendship and help from here on out?

This is the place where we all are being prepared for working in the Magisterial Sons Mission,  a most happy opportunity,  as it is un heard of regarding mortals in this type of service previously!

When you have a chance if you want, let us know a little about your journey, by writing in the new members area!  It is common knowledge that it would be highly unusual for you to end up here by chance, thus you can trust the Father has something in mind for you working in the Missions for the correcting time.

Feel free to enter in the discussions like you did by posting the song lyrics, as our education is helped by the participation .  So, this is a warm welcome where your already part of the family!  Yours with sincere greetings, Daniel
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 11:39:43 AM by Daniel alderfer »
Daniel in Las Vegas, 970 618 1214, danielalderfer@hotmail.Com, While he was still a great way off his Father saw him and had compassion.

Lemuel

• The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want.
    • MSN Messenger - angelemuel@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2016, 03:53:39 PM »
Hello All. I don´t know why I haven´t posted here before but perhaps it´s because of personal exposure. By that I mean that any
artistic endeavour is a form of expose. It is the only way an artist can view his creation and assess it´s value or otherwise.
I am retired now, (76) but was a pianist for many years and have written quite a few songs during this time.  I hope you can
indulge an old man for a moment or two while I give you my first song written way back in 1976.
                                                                   "Am I a Stranger"?
                                                      Am I a Stranger?  Do I act a part?
                                                      Am I afraid to show by my gaze what is in my heart?
                                                      Why do I hide it?  Why can´t I show?
                                                      That I am the same and also to blame for not letting them know.
                                                      But if I was open, just like a book,
                                                      Then people could read and see for themselves if only they´d look.
                                                      So, come on stranger, take a look and you´ll see,
                                                      When you act a part, that closes your heart, you´re a stranger, like me.
Lemuel

Lynda

• Pynotera/Pre'Msha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2016, 07:08:37 AM »
Dear Lemuel,

They are beautiful words you wrote back in '76. They sound like they were truly written from the heart!

I love "But if I was open, just like a book
Then people could read and see for themselves, if only they´d look".  

To look inside and see the real person is a beautiful thing :).   Thank you for sharing your first creation. I look forward to more!

Domtia
"A funny thing happened on my way to ascension...."

newstarsaphire

• Today is a "present" open and enjoy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2016, 01:39:40 PM »
Lemuel,

Beautiful exposé,  look forward to more of your poetic insight.
Time is a currency we can use to invest in our eternal future. 
The riches of the possible are never fully mined.

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2016, 04:49:02 PM »
Lynda and Newstarsaphire,  thank you for your kindness. Here´s another, same year.   "You can never run away from you."

Are you running around, playing the game,
                                                                      looking for excitement, fortune and fame.?
                                                                      Are you trying to achieve what´s never been done,
                                                                      losing every time until you´ve won.? 
                                                                      Can´t you see what you´re doing,
                                                                      are your eyes shut tight.?
                                                                      You are running away from the only thing that´s right.
                                                                       So no matter where you are, what you think or do,
                                                                       you can never run away from you.
                                                                       Just look at yourself. Be what you are.
                                                                       Why reach for the moon when you´re holding a star?
                                                                       All you need in life you already possess
                                                                       that gives you peace of mind and happiness.
                                                                       Can´t you see etc,etc.
Lemuel

7inOcean

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2016, 01:24:59 AM »
Oh wow Lemuel!  You have so much to give here, how so true are these words!
Thank you for sharing,
Love Sue

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2016, 06:19:45 AM »
Thank you Sue for your very kind words.
love Lemuel

Lynda

• Pynotera/Pre'Msha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2016, 07:02:08 AM »
Dear Lemuel,

Your words speak volumes.

So no matter where you are, what you think or do, you can never run away from you.
If only we could all accept we are great to begin with instead of trying to be something else.

Domtia.
"A funny thing happened on my way to ascension...."

LarryG

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2016, 07:06:45 AM »
Lemuel, I am really enjoying your poetry... there are a few poets here whose  work  is a blessing to all who read them.... It is a God  Given gift for all to share......   I remember  the times I read Marko's contibutions in verse as well as others..... You all lift us up with your  wonderful gifts.....LarryG

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2016, 12:34:39 PM »
Thank you! You are all so kind. I want to share something else with you. This is something that has been with me for many years.
I cannot take credit for being the originator of this, I may have been, I simply can´t remember. Anyway, here it is.
                                                                        The Seven States of Awareness.
                                                                   1.  I don´t know.
                                                                   2.  I know I don´t know.
                                                                   3.  I want to know.
                                                                   4.  I don´t know what I want to know.
                                                                   5.  I know what I want to know.  6.  I know. 7..........? I tease you with this.

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2016, 12:37:01 PM »
For some reason I couldn´t line up the last two!  Any volunteers for number 7?

Lemuel

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2016, 03:42:20 PM »
I have been looking at my music today and discovered that when posting my first song,"Am I a Stranger", I completely
omitted the introduction!  (old age ). So I have decided to give it you again, this time complete.
                                                                           "Am I a Stranger?
                                                                   When you look into a strangers eyes what is it that you see?
                                                                   Can you tell by his gaze he´s a little afraid that you´ll see what you shouldn´t see?
                                                                   So he puts on a coat and he acts the part of a man who is carefree and gay
                                                                   and when you´ve gone he takes it off and goes along his way.
                                                                   Am I a stranger, do I act a part?
                                                                   Am I afraid to show by my gaze what is in my heart?
                                                                   Why must I hide it, why can´t I show that I am the same
                                                                   and also to blame for not letting them know.
                                                                   But if I was open, just like a book, then people could read
                                                                   and see for themselves if only they´d look.
                                                                   So come on stranger, take a look and you´ll see,
                                                                   when you act a part that closes your heart
                                                                   you´re a stranger,like me.