Author Topic: Keep File Uploads to a Minimum Please 22May16  (Read 1104 times)

Ron Besser

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Keep File Uploads to a Minimum Please 22May16
« on: May 22, 2016, 02:28:14 PM »
Ron as Admin here -
Jack French and his Presentations file and the smaller PDF in combo,  are too big for us to comfortably store. 

I think it was Jack who suggested you either use Dropbox to load the file too or other alternatives that can handle large uploads.  We have limited bandwidth in this software and I am sure we will suddenly run out and that hits everyone when there is not a enough room to post a transmission.

Jack, do you have an account at Dropbox you could load it there and then publish the link to it?  Even Dropbox limits large file megabyte uploads, and while the basic account is free it has a limit of size.  You can buy a larger upload accounts but you pay for it.  I am not sure I know where the limits are in the basic accounts as I use Box Net which I pay to upload large files so I can link large files to this discussion forum.

The alternative to Dropbox is the Cloud.  Most offer the cloud with unrestricted upload amounts and what you must do is allow people into the cloud where your files are stored.  That creates a security problem for you, but if you only have the Presentations file uploaded there it should not be a problem to you.  Microsoft and other big brand operators offer huge storage space for either nothing or for little.  Google "the cloud," and see what is offered and then transfer the Presentations file and the PDF to the archive you choose and reference it in your emails to the discussion forum.  I will let things sit as they are for awhile but I must take down these 29MB or whatever the PDF is to keep from running out of space here.
While I am at it, ASSALE - I request you reduce the amount of attachments you use for the site.  Load only the important ones for you becasue unless we conserve graphic attachments more, I will have to arbitrarily reduce them (read "delete") in admin to keep space open.
Thanks
Ron
Located in Historic York, Pennsylvania

ASSALE

• Thanks for the Spirit
    • View Profile
Re: Keep File Uploads to a Minimum Please 22May16
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »
You're right Ron, I'll do as advised.

Good Sunday evening!
Thank you for the Classroom of the Spirit.

Jack_French

• View Profile
Re: Keep File Uploads to a Minimum Please 22May16
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2016, 02:04:02 AM »
Dear Ron

Yes I have Dropbox zone account where the slides are loaded, for the time being the space is sufficient for this publication.
If I need to extend the storage size I will buy a larger upload account. So for me there is no need to keep the file on the forum, that have limited bandwidth.

For the moment I don't use cloud.
At anytime people can contact me to be able to download the presentation slides from Dropbox.

One of the advantage of the direct contact, is that it creates better relationships between members via these personal contacts.

Good Day to All, I enjoy reading you every day.
Jack_French

My gospel – the Fatherhood of God and the brotherhood of man...