Author Topic: Hi, Steve Gitz here  (Read 1374 times)

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hi, Steve Gitz here
« on: July 11, 2016, 03:52:47 PM »
I thought it was about time to enter some facts about me.  I'm a 67 year old white male.  Grew up in New Orleans and have been living in Lafayette, LA for 36 years.  Pianist/composer, geologist, 2006 Louisiana State Senior Athlete of the Year(having won multiple gold medals around the USA as a senior Olympian).  Met the Urantia Book in 1970 while attending LSU.  Bought dozens and dozens of UBs throughout the years and gave them to family, friends and strangers but no readers yet.  Married in 1976 to my wife, Jane, who fought a battle with cancer a couple of times, finally being taken by that disease in 2004 (she was 52).  We have three sons and three grandchildren, so far.  Jane and I opened a music store in 1991.  Our oldest son, Peter, runs it now with me somewhat on the sidelines.  

Years ago I postulated what I call Steven's Law: "God never made one of anything".  Example:  Someone may argue that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.  I would say, "Aha!  Remember Steven's Law:  "God never made one of anything" and then try to teach that there exists many universes, so many begotten Sons.  Try it sometimes--it helps with the concept.

Thanks for accepting me as a junior member in our Family.
Steve

overmind

• View Profile
    • Spirit-Self-Satisfaction
    • Email
Re: Hi, Steve Gitz here
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 04:21:44 PM »
Well, I don't know. It is still true that God only made one Eternal Son, for instance. I understand that you are trying to broaden the scope of creation, but creating arbitrary rules actually limits what is possible, even if that rule says there are multiples of everything.
I wanted to sail, so the universe built me a galleon.

Allie

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 04:54:34 PM »
Hi Steve,
I know you've been here for a few months but I want to thank you for that added piece of information.   It makes the person more "real" than just the words I read.  

I see that you have a Birthday coming up this month.    I want to be the first to wish you joy and happiness in the times ahead.   It seems you've had your share of challenges.    We are all survivors in one way or another.   You have found your family, Steve.

Namaste,
Allie

gitz

• Steven's Law: God never made one of anything!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:40 AM »
Yesterday I posted:  "Years ago I postulated what I call Steven's Law: "God never made one of anything".  Example:  Someone may argue that Jesus is the only begotten Son of God.  I would say, "Aha!  Remember Steven's Law:  "God never made one of anything" and then try to teach that there exists many universes, so many begotten Sons.  Try it sometimes--it helps with the concept."

@Overmind.  You're right.  You nailed it.  The Trinity (Eternal Son and Infinite Spirit) is the only exception I think.  Although!  Since Ron drew our attention to the Trinity of Trinities, I have visualized an elliptical pattern where at a given point a whole new Universal Father/Trinity comes into Creation for creation of it's own "super universes".  This way our Universal Father can have a Brother.  Also, you said," ...creating arbitrary rules actually limits what is possible, even if that rule says there are multiples of everything."  Beautiful and right again.  Thanks for that.

Kind of "far out" as we said in the 60's...and literally so.  Thanks, Overmind.  Fun to think!

@ Allie.  Thanks for your warm embrace.  How did you know about my birthday?  You're too much!!

@ Father.  Please help Ron in every way possible until Jesus incarnates.  We love him, we need him.

Steve