Author Topic: Getting rid of your burdens  (Read 225 times)

Offline gcmeyer83

• View Profile
    • Email
Getting rid of your burdens
« on: May 30, 2022, 08:31:13 am »

A few friends meet for coffee every Friday and this past Friday a woman brought some extra copies of “The Fishwrapper” a bi-monthly publication that prints positive news. I had never heard of them before but I was greatly impressed by the following article I found in it that to me was profound and definitely fits in to our group

The Boy Who Changed a Village

In a small mountain village, it was the custom of the villager to strap on their knapsacks each morning.  Then, during the day, each time they worried about something or felt depressed about a problem, they would pick up a small pebble and put it in their knapsack.  The knapsacks were heavy and a burden to carry because the villagers never emptied them.  They carried their burdens every day.  It was all they knew.
  One day, one of the village elders walked down to the riverbank, bent over from his knapsack full of burdens, and noticed one of the boys from the village skipping pebbles across the water.  The boy’s knapsack was empty.
  “What are you doing?” the old man asked.  “And why is your knapsack empty?  Why aren’t you carrying your burdens like the rest of us?”
  “I come down to the riverbank at the end of each day,” the boy said, “and skip my pebbles across the water until my knapsack is empty.  I see no reason to keep carrying them.”
   The old man was stunned, and so bent over from his knapsack full of burdens that he could hardly move.  He had never seen anyone cast their burdens away like that.
   “Would you like to try it?” the boy asked.
   The old man was hesitant, yet it seemed like such a good idea.  Slowly he reached into his knapsack that was large and heavy from all the burdens he had accumulated over many years.  He took a pebble and studied it, recalling the burden of pain that he felt when he placed it in his knapsack.  He was so bent over that it was difficult to cast the burden away and watch it skip across the water and finally disappear, but he somehow did it.
   The boy smiled.
   The old man smiled also.  It was easier than he thought to let go of the burden.  Then he tossed another pebble,    another   burden,   then another,   and another.  The boy stayed and watched.  They built a fire and the old man kept throwing until his knapsack was at last empty.  He felt so relieved.
   The next day the old man, standing straight and tall, told the other villagers what had happened and how good he felt.  They could see how happy he was, how he looked and acted like a different person.  They were amazed.
   At the end of the day, all the villagers joined the old man and the boy and went to the riverbank and skipped their burdens across the water until their knapsacks were empty.  They were amazed at how good and happy they felt.  From that time on they unloaded their burdens at the close of every day.
   A sign was erected at the entrance to the village that said.

It’s hard To Be
                              On Top Of the World
                           When You’re Carrying it
                              On Your Shoulders.
                                Let Go And Live.

After reading the above article, I started to ponder what way anyone could do this and I thought about Thought Adjusters, so this morning I asked my Thought Adjuster if we could hand our burdens to them, could they cast them aside for us.  Here is what HE had to say.

Of course we can, that is one of the primary reasons we are here: To smooth and ease the way for you.  I cannot say we just toss everything aside but we try to make it the easiest for you we can.  There are just some things you need to experience so we do try to make it the easiest for you to get through. Also the more you advance in Spirit the less burdens you will acquire so it gets better and better and all will lead you to that road to Light and Life.  By the way that article was a great down to earth one to describe a part of living.                        

Offline SophiaVeronica

• View Profile
Re: Getting rid of your burdens
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 11:24:09 am »
George's TA shared with us how much we are helped by our Thought Adjusters to overcome our difficulties and worries. I also spoke to my TA after reading that lovely story about the boy who was able to change an entire village and this is what I received from my TA.

Many people who know of our existence still doubt what we can do for you, also they keep convinced that they are not able to connect and speak to their TA. You, and others, have learned how to do that and rely on our company and guidance. But know that we are here with you all, as close as ever, we assist you in many ways. Indeed, the time has come for everyone to interact personally with the Adjuster. When you focus your full attention on the presence of God within you, each of you is able to speak and communicate with God, who resides in you and knows your best and weakest traits, but also knows your good intentions to live according to the Will and the Ways of the Father in Heaven. We, as your Thought Adjuster, are there to guide you and gently counsel you. We help you grow into a strong and experienced soul capable of finding its way through the universes, always in the company of us, your Thought Adjuster, your devoted divine friend.

Online occerpa

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2022, 02:15:50 am »
Thank you gcmeyer83 for sharing this interesting story that I had heard but forgot about. In this regard I want to make a personal observation without ceasing to agree with the wise lesson that this teaching tries to give. From my clinical point of view, I see the recommended measure to solve the ailment caused by the loads we carry, just as the diagnosis of the problem itself and although the proposed treatment is undoubtedly the one that would put an end to the suffering, it is not, unfortunately within everyone's reach, although in theory it is. I understand a little of the matter, because in the exercise of medical practice, it is very common for patients to tell us and confess their problems that torment them so much and it did not take long for us to recommend the master formula: DO NOT WORRY, and receive as a reaction from the patient: AS IF THAT WERE EASY Because if really, if the solution of problems were as easy as emptying a backpack, no one would walk around conflicted. For the same reason, if at least all of us in the group could achieve a direct and effective communication with our Adjusters, likewise, our problems of this material life that represent that enormous wall to overcome, the existence would be much easier in every sense of course. By the way one of the summons that SAI BABA makes is: DON'T WORRY ABOUT THAT, WHAT IMPORTANCE IT HAS FOR ETERNAL LIFE. However, in my case I find that despite being told that contact with our mysterious monitor is as if automatic and normal, I find that while I can accept that many of our activities are benefited by the intervention of our Adjuster, it is not a practice that you can do at will. For a long time I thought that the influence of this divine presence in our lives was only spiritual in nature and had nothing to do with our worldly affairs. Until now I understand as the messages that gcmeyer83 and Sophia Veronica obtained from their Adjusters say, that the help is in everything that we request, taking into account that we need to go through insurmountable experiences. Of course, it's not that I'm giving up, but I think it's a matter of reaching a certain distance (of spiritual growth) where it is possible to carry out this Fine Tuning.
"If you develop Love, you don't need to develop anything else"

Offline Majesthia Gondo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 10:28:24 am »
gcmeyer83, thank you for sharing this great lesson.

Online Moses Ouko

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2022, 01:21:02 pm »
Thank you very much gcmeyer83 for sharing the article and your TA's input. Thank you SophiaVeronica for sharing as well. Occerpa you are appreciated as well. Thank you all. God Bless.

Love and Blessings,
Moses