Author Topic: Modern Classical Music  (Read 445 times)

Offline amethyst

• service is the currency of the universe
    • View Profile
Modern Classical Music
« on: March 28, 2020, 03:23:13 pm »
I tend to think of classical music as belonging to centuries past like Mozart, Debussy, Vivaldi, etc.  But there are some great contemporary composers alive today.  One of my favorites is Karl Jenkins.  He was born in Wales in 1944.  If you are not familiar with his work, Here is a couple I would like to share.
The first one is Palladio.  The second one is Adiemus, and the "words" are not in any language.  He uses human voices in tones and syllables to complement the musical instruments.  The music from the second one was used prominently in the movie Avatar.  

https://youtu.be/hViPSRHyU0Y

https://youtu.be/GCsQZSB1gZg

Blessings,
Amethyst
kindred shall forever remain unbroken

Offline occerpa

• View Profile
Re: Modern Classical Music
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 09:31:56 am »
Beautiful that Palladio selection; thank you very much for sharing Amethyst. I am not a connoisseur of classical music but I consider myself very sensitive to good music. And it is very true that it seems that there was no place, after those extraordinary musical monuments that the great composers of the past left us, for nothing new; and I particularly believe that this is the case for several reasons and the main one is that music in all orders is commercialized just like everything else. However, we cannot fail to recognize the contributions of modern and contemporary composers such as Sergei Rachmaninoff and Rimski Korsakov himself. But what I wanted to say is that this allegretto of Karl Jenkins, Palladio, is as contagious as the same Latin Salsa, in which it seems that Jenkins had been inspired and even to select the same name of the famous New York dance hall, Palladium, the place where the famous and danceable rhythm was born. All pure speculation on my part, which seems to be very irreverent

Online SophiaVeronica

• View Profile
Re: Modern Classical Music
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 01:52:40 pm »
Beautiful music Amethyst,  it opens and lifts the heart. Thank you for sharing.  SophiaVeronica